Small Stove!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
havn't tried them but there is a tutorial on the site for making one out of a toast toppers tin and a red bull can. much cheaper than buying one.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Or try,
A google search for "minibulldesign" for a tutorial on how to make your own in a few minutes. They work pretty good too!

Ogri the trog

faca

Forager
Dec 10, 2003
SPAIN
Hi I purchased one.
No bad, ligth and usable.
You need a wide base pot to work I use my MSR titanium 700ml.
Things I don't like.
Upper part is over base one fixed with some kind of cement that wears after use, no problem take it out.
Filler hole little you must take care when filling process
I put a coin over the hole to preheat help.
Always some fuel keeps into the stove so you must hard shake it to take it out and avoid speliages when packed.
Purchase in ebay search by VARGO.
Good luck.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Thanks ogri, I’ve been banging on about minibuilddesign for weeks on the site, I thought everyone was sick of me. I’ve made dozens of them including my own design for a pressurised meths lamp which blew up the oak tree in my garden!

Also thanks faca for your information and I’ll have a look on ebay.

Cheers

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Yeah, I have one...you want? Will sell very reasonably :D ;)

I liked the idea of the built in pot stand, I read several reviews by doing a Google for "vargo triad stove". For the money it is pretty well made and it has proven more efficient (not the right word, but it will do) than my home made cola can stoves in that the same quantity of fuel keeps it lit longer.

Main complaints, my 1litre Zebra billy falls between optimum sizes, it sits on the stand, but only just. The feet that keep the stand off the ground are very small, you need a firm surface, or a base, to stop your pot pushing it into the ground, it takes longer than any of my home made stoves to come up to temperature, and it doesn't light well from a ferro rod unless you fill it full. Oh, and you can't see how much fuel is left.

On a full fueling mine burned for about 30 minutes, more than needed to boil a half litre.

I have used mine on only one trip...I don't make many trips so that isn't as bad as it sounds :rolleyes: Overall I like the stoves I have made just a little better, I have about five of those, and there are only so many mini alcohol stoves a guy needs. They just suit the rest of my kit better than the Triad does.

Hey, if you come to the Meet up I will bring it along and you can have a look for yourself :D

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Andy Brierley said:
Thanks ogri, I’ve made dozens of them including my own design for a pressurised meths lamp which blew up the oak tree in my garden!

Cheers

Let me get this right......you blew up an oak tree.......in your own garden......using a meths fuelled "bomb" that you designed yourself.......

Now I'm starting to worry

You may need some different hobbies

;)

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE