Sleeping bag advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...I found that with the internal baffle (unecessary imo) and the way the hood was constructed, if you sinched everything up you had a several pieces of shock cord and numerous toggles in your face..."

I'm a big fan of my Golden Eagle and it is the internal baffle that I find most useful, it allows me to sit up and work with the bag tightly wrapped around my chest just beneath my arms. The material does take on a worn look where the velcro or my feet rub it, it hasn't worn away yet though (10 yrs). I didn't know they had sourced another manufacturer, thanks for that.

Many years ago I used a Buffalo super bag, it has a central zip and is designed to be used with either an inner bag or their Buffalo clothing, however I used mine on its own with maybe just a liner and found it quite comfy. It doesn't pack down too small though, but then neither does the Golden Eagle.

:)

Inky

Nov 4, 2012
Cambridge
Little update for anyone who's interested. I've just taken delivery of my Carinthia defence 4 (185). My initial impressions are very positive. It looks like a really quality bag. My concerns that I had ordered the wrong size and that I would find the small face hole a problem vanished the moment I got in. I'm 5'9 and I would say the bag is a perfect size, ie there is ample space in the foot area so that you are never going to feel constricted. Personally I'd like it to have been a little wider, but the larger size would have been much too long and all said and done its wide enough. The thing that had put me off these bags for so long, the seemingly tiny face hole, is just not an issue. I can't really explain it but you get in and it just seems fine. Plus you can always have your head out of it when it's not freezing. Obviously haven't slept out in it yet but very pleased with it so far. Worth saying that the compression sack is extreemly good quality too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE