size smock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
number like that appears to be nato stock numbers (NSN) or manufacture product numbers.

You do realize smocks are relative long compaired to most kinds of jackets.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Tjin is right mate, it's a NATO stock number. And they do come larger than normal jackets: designed to wear some warm layers underneath it .

I've got the same smock, and find it superb!! Love it being very large: I've got long arms and with this smock I've even got room to spare!! :D

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Are you sure it's not a phone number??

it looks like a UK phone number with the international dialling code added. (add 44, drop the 0)

Edit: - yep, looked it up, it's the phone number for ARKTIS ltd...

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
geertjan said:
then they have to sewn in a few coins allso to make the call, the in would make sense :D

Mobile phone with a handsfree set (you are not allowed to carve with your knife, and make a phonecall - with your other hand - at the same time) would be better :cool:

Phone number ... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: doesn't make any sense, does it? Isn't there some marking to show it's a phone number? A "T", or a "+"?? :confused:
Haven't got mine at hand at the moment :rolleyes:

jayuk

Forager
Feb 24, 2005
UK
Nato stock numbers usually go in the form of:

xxxx-99-xxx-xxxx for the UK

xxxx-12-xxx-xxxx for Germany

and

xxxx-00-xxx-xxxx
xxxx-01-xxx-xxxx for the US

The second two digit set of numbers being the code for each NATO country, so I dont think yours is a nato stock number.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE