Simple ration?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rhapsody

Forager
Jan 2, 2005
Aldershot, nr. Guildford, UK
What would you think is needed for a simple and versatile daily ration for an extended camp-out? Obviously it'll include things like a fair quantity of flour, some suet, salt, sugar etc. and I'd like to take some other things like dried onions, but I'm a bit lost as to what quantities are needed at the moment.

Basically, what are your suggestions for a flexible daily ration to be supplemented with wild foodstuffs gathered from the woods?

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I almost always take a packet of dried soup. It is ideal for brightening up bland natural foods and making stews / soups of seafoods and bulking out meagre natural takings of fish and animals.
I also take some sort of spice / herbs, that is down to personal choice, but green thai curry paste is my present favourite, along with garlic if it is out of season or I am away from where I live, as we have lots of wild stuff here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE