Show us your cutting tool trios!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Against the Laplander you will always get the Laplander is better argument, I know that for me the Silky is far better as it seems to cut easier for me, and gives a better finish to the cut, yeah the blade is a bit thinner therefore maybe more open to bending.. saying that learn to saw with out rushing, how many do you see going like the clappers to saw a bit of wood... :), and that will give more control.. it feels better to hold then the Laplander.

In the end it is personal choice, in cold weather the silky is easier to use due to the big thumb lock, and the handle is rubber rather then plastic, and it has a all steel frame, the bolt and the blade and you have a TPI choice as well can be replaced with spares that are available..

Sounds good! I feel another saw may be needed! :)

superc0ntra

Nomad
Sep 15, 2008
Sweden
Sorry no pics but I use an Off the Map Knives Bushcrafter, a Gransfors small forest axe and a brandless bow-saw which I changed the blade on.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Oh go on then.
Gransfors Bruks Scandinavian Forrest Axe
Folding Bucksaw
I alternate the two knives
B30E2764-409A-4EDA-866C-B1C88DE94EEF-1196-0000018D31F18088_zpse3151f13.jpg

Moose

Feb 20, 2005
Torquay
I'll play as I have this photo of my trio handy..... :)

20130506_195940.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The saw on the Wenger punches well above its weight too ;)

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
See now, this is the type of thread that ends up costing people money!

Lathe dog, I like that scandi. May I ask where you got it?

rg598

Native
These days I am down to a duo: a Mark Hill Mora #2 full tang clone and a Bahco Laplander saw. Haven't needed much else in a while.

If I wasn't going anywhere and wanted to punish some trees, I would bring the same knife, a Trailblazer 24" take down buck saw, and my Council Tool boy's axe. Since I am usually moving when in the woods, they have been propping up the wall at home for quite some time now. :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE