Shining Cliff Woods - An offer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Not only that... I have no idea where I'm going! lol

I know I'm picking up Wacker... don't know exactly where he is yet (not seen him in a couple of weeks)... then we're roadtripping for you, then back down to Shiny Shiny land :)

Rhyan, were you picking anyone up at the train station?

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Not only that... I have no idea where I'm going! lol

I know I'm picking up Wacker... don't know exactly where he is yet (not seen him in a couple of weeks)... then we're roadtripping for you, then back down to Shiny Shiny land :)

Rhyan, were you picking anyone up at the train station?

Same story on return leg? Between 3 of us I'm sure we'll find it

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Yep, no worries with that.... way I look at it, if me and Wacker set off early doors, we'll be with you in a couple of hours (or so), then we have an adventure to Shiny land :D

Way back, everyone usually heads off about mid day ish... so plenty of time to get you home, then nice easy ride home :D Wacker believe it or not lives less than 10 minutes from me... bizarre, but true.

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Yep, no worries with that.... way I look at it, if me and Wacker set off early doors, we'll be with you in a couple of hours (or so), then we have an adventure to Shiny land :D

Way back, everyone usually heads off about mid day ish... so plenty of time to get you home, then nice easy ride home :D Wacker believe it or not lives less than 10 minutes from me... bizarre, but true.

Jobs a good'n then! He said you 2 lived close together. Real shame Rhyan can't come though, the hateful 8 become the... I can't use magnificent 7 can I? :lmao:

Last edited:

Grotzilla

Nomad
May 5, 2014
United Kingdom
Dewi this is the supposed haunted house, I've visited it once or twice not sure if theres any specific ghost stories at the property or if it just got its name from being an old spooky derelict building lol I know people practice witchcraft in the woods but it's more on the house side from what I've experienced, hopefully we won't be disturbed ;)

e952c0f0619ce4e16b7439470247d6e3.jpg

64b92406936e8d29e68d8a06427deffc.jpg

a188c8625e5f697f4c387b0c50712e6e.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Blimey, is that where it is!?! I remember seeing that in one of Rhyan's posts.

Is it within walking distance from where we're pitching? Might be cool to have a wander over.... looks like an amazing building!

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I want to move into that house, left exactly as it is. Its perfect. Is also have a bucket on a rope to drag through the grass and scare anyone approaching

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Half hour walk sounds doable... might be a nice wander.

Wondering... we're down to 7.... should we be sending an invitation to an 8th if that makes sense? Still time for another to get involved.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Have to work out who is bringing what... I'll be loaded up with food as always though, not as if we're going to starve lol

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Have to work out who is bringing what... I'll be loaded up with food as always though, not as if we're going to starve lol

I'll bring some sausages and burgers as well as some other miscelanious game.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I usually take a bag of spuds, some veg and a pack of lamb... occasionally a couple of steaks.

One thing I'm short of is cooking gear... was considering buying a dutch oven. Can make a nice stew in one of them... should have seen the stew up at Wooplaw! That was a proper stew with roadkill deer and everything.

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I've had to buy a camping pan under protest usually I use tin cans and whatnot to be honest. Big stew pot is a must though, I don't even have one in the house big enough for the 7

rhyan

May 19, 2009
UK
Hiya,

I wasn't picking anyone up - closest station is Whatstandwell.

Dewi - I will email you a map :)

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Thank you Rhyan :) Sorry, I was watching Blackadder goes Forth... blimming amazing final scene to that series... sums up the day.

Mick, no worries on water, I carry 3 gallons in the car with me... that should do us for 2 days, but there is a river nearby. Might have to boil the water to an inch of its life, but somehow I think we may get a little rainwater on our trip as well lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE