Sheffield Steel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
K

Keef

Can anyone recommend any knife makers in or around the Sheffield area?

I live quite close to Sheffield and it almost seems rude not to own a Sheffield made knife.

Done a load of searches and found loads of links to Sheffield cutlers, but that doesn't tell me more than where they are and what they sell, not whether they are any good.

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
Hi keef, hathersage is a lovely place to live i think before i say anything else!!!

george ibbottson and john nowils are both fine makers. stan shaw (last little meister) is also v good.. unfortunatly almost imposibble to get hold of quickly. the best places to go are
morton's the cutler on west street in sheffield
sheffield sceen round the back of the town hall near the halifax building soc i think.
it was at sheffield sceen that i got my stan shaw folder.they sometimes have some in stock

hope this helps
sc

K

Keef

Blimey, that was quick. :eek:
Many thanks, that's a good start, I'll check them out. :D

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
Stan Shaw is NOT the last little meister, just the most well known. His knives are nice though

Sheffield Scene will have some knives
Mortons will (also has a lot of other stuff in and the guy is very nice to talk to)
The famous sheffield shop has a big selection of knives as well. It's run by a collector and has quite a different feel to mortons though

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE