Sheath addons.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
:/

The ease with which it seems to snap, shouldn't have left the maker.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
How comfortable is a Horizontal carry sheath? I've never tried one or carrying a blade that way.

Always been a Baldrick for me. But I can see the advantages especially for a smaller blade.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
My custom job is Elmax and it’s been great. I made a mistake in my design of using a scandi grind on a hunting knife though and chipped the very fine edge while hacking out a trophy.

Dave Budd has it at the moment for a pretty serious regrind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
My custom job is Elmax and it’s been great. I made a mistake in my design of using a scandi grind on a hunting knife though and chipped the very fine edge while hacking out a trophy.

Dave Budd has it at the moment for a pretty serious regrind.

That's not great - did the maker not suggest at the time that a different grind might be more suitable? Are you having Dave put on a secondary or changing the scandi grind to a more obtuse ange?

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Dave is putting on a secondary. It’s good of him to pick up but the original maker has had a lot of issues. Regardless, it was my design, my bad.

Last edited:

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
I guess they don't get tested? I'm sure that will change, I do with mine but I have the time too.

Ensuring the HT is good before final grinding, fitting a handle and making it look pretty would have saved the maker some time.

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
I wonder I have a question to ask if I may, I make my knives on the basis of a hobby and do the odd one off when asked, I wonder for those that create in large numbers, do you get time to test each one and I wonder what do you do to test each knife?

zackerty

Nomad
Dec 16, 2004
Christchurch...New Zealand
Straight from HT, using your thumb and forefinger, hold the blade at the rear of the handle.
Flick it down and let the blade edge pivot and hit the edge of your vice or hard piece of steel.

The knife should leave a little ding in the vice edge, or break.
All that pass the test should be fine... :)

My edges are around and less than 0.3mm thick.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE