Seeking an "Internship"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hobbitboy

Forager
Jun 30, 2004
Erm... it's variable
Not sure if this is posted in the right place but anyway;

I'm considering going into woodland management/environmental work after uni (a year and abit away) and thought it might be a good idea get some hands on work in that field. I think really I would love experience of coppicing and the related work like that.

So any ideas where I could find such work? I don't mind travelling to somewhere if it seems what i'm looking for and would provide good experience. Ideally just be for a few weeks over the summer.

Cheers guys
Matt p

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Why not get in touch with the NT and offer yourself up as a volounteer worker? They'll soon enough find work for willing hands and they should make sure that you are trained/supervised in the use of any tools that you'll need so you'll be gaining valuable lessons along the way.
Work like this and you'll often be amazed at the contacts you make that come in handy later on. I once did a fortnights scrub clearing and path building for a well known Govt organisation, got to know the Ranger through doing so, and soon had permission to shoot vermin in the rest of the 1000 or so acres of mature deciduous woodland they had at that site. Try getting that sort of "in" without bending your back !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE