Scouting for tracks from the air

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Oblio13

Settler
Sep 24, 2008
New Hampshire
oblio13.blogspot.com
Borrowed a friend's bushplane and spent most of the day scouting for tracks in the fresh snow. Have a couple potential new deer hunting places picked out now to take a closer look at on snowshoes. Flew formation on a bald eagle for a bit, but couldn't manage a pic. Wouldn't mind having my own plane one of these days, but I'd probably just get in trouble with it.

IMG_1490.jpg

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Neat! I just have to settle for aerial photos to recon the lay of the land. You are quite lucky to be able to fly. What bird did you fly for the Corps? F4, A4, AV8 or the F/A 18?

Gordy

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
F4's, then A4's as an adversary and in the reserves.

So you did a little time at NFWS, then! Pretty impressive! Growing up, the Phantom was my favorite bird. That all changed when I got on the working "dirt" end of CAS. A10 impressed the stuff out of me! But I still love the F4! Have experience working A7s in a CAS role. It was a good old bird, too.

Gordy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE