Scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
A question for all the Scotts amongst us, can anyone give me any info on the area of RUTHWELL in Dumfrieshire? Just the usual, whats the area like to live in, whats it like for bushcraft? Any observations greatly received :)

Tutchi

Forager
Nov 15, 2005
Scotland
morch said:
A question for all the Scotts amongst us, can anyone give me any info on the area of RUTHWELL in Dumfrieshire? Just the usual, whats the area like to live in, whats it like for bushcraft? Any observations greatly received :)
Hi M8
go to Google. Type in Map of Scotland. When it comes up look at second entry down, Genuki County Map. Click on that and you will get map of Scotland showing the counties. Just click on Dumfriesshire and wallah you will get info on all the areas round about. We used to camp there for many years. Look out for Glentrool. You can walk from there to Edinburgh :lmao: Really nice area and the camp site at Glentrool is a back packers dream. We never saw them. They came back when it was dark and left in the morning before we were up :) HTH

Tutchi http://www.visitdumfriesandgalloway...moderate/loch-trool-galloway-forest?version=1
:cool: Click on the Southern Upland Way Piccy

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Don't know Ruthwell, though I've visited nearby Annan - nice small town. I was looking into a job at Castle Douglas.

It is probably the best place to live in the UK for wildfowl - whether to shoot or to watch, or both. Good part of the world for deerstalking and goldpanning. The forest of Ae and Glentrool are reasonably near too.

Like a lot of rural Scotland, could be restricting without a car.

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
Guess who's moving to Scotland :) Seen the house twice and already seen deer and like you say Doc, wildfowl in abundance. Moving in on 28th of this month and can't wait.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
morch said:
Guess who's moving to Scotland :) Seen the house twice and already seen deer and like you say Doc, wildfowl in abundance. Moving in on 28th of this month and can't wait.

Welcome to this side of the border :) Hope it's all you would wish for.

There's masses of archaeology down there, a lot of pre-historic stuff but also a lot of very early christian.

We haven't had a meet up down there..........

Cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE