Scandi Pack Pal

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Very nice RB. I like it a lot. My pack pal has the same grind which continues into the handle and the coffin tang. Shame you Dad appears to have nicked it :roll:

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Schwert said:
Ahhhh, now I remember seeing that pocket stove before, Hoodoo, but for some reason I did not file it away with the other "must have" bits. Now of course, that I have seen it again, and registered seeing it, I want one. I could not find it listed at Trek Direct (as it was listed but not in stock) or at Cabela's or similar places.

No way do I want to try and fabricate one.... :shock: Much too lazy for that.

I am not even sure why I want one....but that is typically "normal" for me. TomTom, I think I will send you a PM.

Schwert, you might try out the fire spout mini. I bought one but have not had a chance to try it out. There's not much to it and no base. The fire is right on the ground. Very heavy duty though. If this one burns well, I might try to make one out of lighter material. Like maybe a coffee can. :rolmao:

I'm going to try mine sitting on a cookie sheet, like the pocket cooker above.

fire spout mini

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Another victim of Herblock's Law. Thanks for the efforts folks. I guess I will finally have to get out the church key and my coffee can....

Ravenn

Jan 13, 2005
Central, Ky,USA
Thanx Chris, Schwert,and Hoodoo,
shame about the cooker too,seemed like a good idea.
Oh well..back to perfecting the "Beef Stew Can Trangia Stand" so far, it fits inside my Peak 1 Outfitter small billy. Wind screen next.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Ravenn said:
Thanx Chris, Schwert,and Hoodoo,
shame about the cooker too,seemed like a good idea.
Oh well..back to perfecting the "Beef Stew Can Trangia Stand" so far, it fits inside my Peak 1 Outfitter small billy. Wind screen next.

Ravenn you already been beat there mate - clikstand!

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Schwert, you could always try this twigburner. As you might remember, I got this idea off a website but unfortunately I do not have the link to it handy. Plus I feel really guilty that I have yet to try this out. But I expect great things from it. And it is very light. If anyone has the link, please post it. Also, sorry for the thread drift but sometimes these things happen in good ways. :)

twigburner1b.jpg

And just to help keep us on track, here's another scandi packpal pic: :lol:

packpalscandi1b.jpg

Ravenn

Jan 13, 2005
Central, Ky,USA
Gary said:
Ravenn you already been beat there mate - clikstand!
:biggthump Right you are ,Gary!! I love that concept. But inthe interest of economics,(and the future hope of an Allen Blades knife,or BRK&T product) the stew can/hardware wire stand will fill in. of course.. there is also the state lotto.. hmmm need tickets...

http://www.opencountrycampware.com/products/index.phtml?catid=400

a pretty nifty billie.to put on said clickstand :super:

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
tomtom said:
hoodoo why do you choose a box/coffin tang over a regular full tang?

Who said I chose one over the other? I have both. :wave:

I really like the coffin tang though. Very comfortable design and very strong, especially the way Allan does his. And in the winter, the coffin tang is a lot easier on the hand than the full tang with it's exposed metal. Also, I generally prefer the balance of a coffin tang over a full tang, unless the tang is tapered. It's just personal preference and a minor one at that.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
ChrisKavanaugh said:
The pocket cooker was made in Israel. They seem to be out of production.

Guy's i saw these for sale over here a few months ago.
The shop is not local but if i will try to find out if they have any left.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
I will get them for anybody that want's them but i will have to check if they have any left.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Thought i'd try making a little neck sheath for this one.
415_1572_1.jpg

Didn't turn out as well as i wanted but at least i have the dimensions sorted for the next one.
415_1583_1.jpg

rb

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE