Saw an angry Giant today!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Took a late trip up to Castle Hill in Huddersfield to take a look at Victoria Tower with the girls and came across a very angry Giant that started to lay siege to the Tower!

HPIM3165.jpg

Quite scary, the pitchforks came out and we chased the brute away before it tipped the whole tower over! Nothing like fighting Giants just before tea time! :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice one Spamel :lmao: :lmao:

Is there much to see up there ?? I must have driven past it a thousand times and always wondered what`s up there.

I can remember hearing about two guys who built a hotel or something up there and then had to pull it down again.

Rich

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
There's an old AAA site around there, still intact but not a great deal to see. there is a cool concrete fortification in the middle of the site though, but it isn't very big.

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Nice one Spamel :lmao: :lmao:

Is there much to see up there ?? I must have driven past it a thousand times and always wondered what`s up there.

I can remember hearing about two guys who built a hotel or something up there and then had to pull it down again.

Rich

Plenty to see from up there (on a clear day :D ). 360 degree view and one of my favourite places to chill out.
Haven't been up there for ages since I moved down south but may go when I'm next visiting the folks. There's a deep well not far from the tower, when I was a small boy I used to drop pebbles down and time how long they took to hit the bottom :) It may not actually be that deep but when you're that young it seemed bottomless :D

The two guys I think tore down the old pub/restaurant and built a new one but completely ignored the building authorities stipulations hoping that once it was up they would change their mind. Or so I was led to believe, that's why they had to pull it down again.

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
:eek: You see ! I knew there was a catch with this bushcraft living off the land lark. All that fresh air, good food, problem solving plays havoc with the yoof of today ! Leave em to there playstations and MsN i say :p

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE