Salmon/Trout fishing with camping best places to go?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

max whitlock

Feb 28, 2010
Teesside
Hi all

Im planning a few days camping with a friend and our 12 year old sons

Can anybody recommend a decent spot for some trout / Salmon fishing and camping?

I,m obviously planing to pay for the opportunity as we would like to cook up anything we catch

I'm in the north of England but don't mind travelling a bit - is Scotland the best option and if so can anybody advise where?

Also is Keilder any good in this respect?

Any help would be much appreciated
regards
max

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
river dee in wales, plenty of offical and unoffical sites dotted around llangollen area, although be sure to ask about catching and eating as the anglers are very angry in my experience if not in their club

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Kielder can be a bit daunting to fish, its massive. Unless you are a regular reservoir fisher I'd go for river or lake. There's good fishing up in the dales but finding an adjoining camp site might be tricky.

Your best bet may be the lakes as there's loads of sites or opportunities to wild camp with cheap decent fishing nearby. We fished a great little tarn near Sawrey and caught some cracking browns.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE