SAK Huntsman

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 18, 2011
Scotland
Bought one today. What is everyones thoughts on it? They are legal EDC?

Would prefer a leatherman wave but i'm liking this now.

Not near the same level as a leatherman but a leatherman has locking blades.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I really like the huntsman it has everything on it that I need and it get used alot.

It's also my edc as it's perfectly legal! (3"cutting edge and under!)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I have one of the new Juice range, legal EDC. Quality control is a shocking especialy when the exchange rate pushes the tools up around 70 spuds.
Try to see one in the flesh if you decide to buy and pick a nice one.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
It might be tricky with the Wave, but on the Leatherman Super Tool (at least on mine) you could fairly easily file away a little bit of the locking springs just for the two knife blades and the rest of the tools would still lock. Better still, you could grind away some of the blades themselves to defeat the locking mechanism, and that way you could still replace them later on if you changed your mind. The Super Tool blades are a shade over 2.5" long so no problem on that score.

I wouldn't do it to mine though. If I were that bothered I'd buy a small slip joint folder. Come to think of it, there's one on my belt. :)

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...my Supertool is far superior..."

The Leatherman Supertool is a superb bit of kit, I used one in my 'roadie' days, a bit heavy to cart around in rough country though.

I have modified the small blade on the Leatherman Crunch to make it non locking, an easy process. The blade is small enough to make the tool quite inoffensive in appearance and of course you can use it to remove spark plug too. :)

Last edited:

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I have one of the new Juice range, legal EDC. Quality control is a shocking especialy when the exchange rate pushes the tools up around 70 spuds.
Try to see one in the flesh if you decide to buy and pick a nice one.

I have a good one for sale/swap in members classifieds if anyone is interested.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Victorinox Huntsman is a good tool. Give it time for you to get used to it so keep it. Its legal, has all the tools you will ever need. Just look at the tools and you will realise their the ones you will use the most. It so light and small enough to slip into you pocket as well.

You can tell i like this one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE