Russian Airborne Mess kit and flask

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dontkillbill

Forager
Feb 24, 2013
PEI Canada
www.youtube.com
I just got this piece of kit in the mail and I cant wait until the mosquitos die down so I can get out in the woods and make a fire and break this kit in. Any suggestions for a menu?

[video=youtube_share;6uhizPRBczs]http://youtu.be/6uhizPRBczs[/video]

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Cheers Don'tKillBill,

Glad you posted that wee review up, not seen one of those before, are you going to do a video of it being used in anger?

ATB,
GB.

Dontkillbill

Forager
Feb 24, 2013
PEI Canada
www.youtube.com
Cheers Don'tKillBill,

Glad you posted that wee review up, not seen one of those before, are you going to do a video of it being used in anger?

ATB,
GB.

Absolutely,

I need to clean out the grease that it was stored in but I think I've gotten that taken care of and then as I mentioned I will give her a test drive. I never saw one before either. I was on ebay and it came up while I was looking for a gift for a shooting buddy that is into Russian things and it immediately caught my eye.

Last edited:

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I got one of those in St Petersburg last time I was there (4 US$!). Nice little kit, but I had two problems with mine. First of all it needed another washer for the canteen itself, as it was leaking from the rivet in the cap. Worse was the inside stain on the canteen which I haven't as yet been able to get rid of.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Some canvas furlined army mitts - very cosy (although the fur looks suspiciously like kitty)! Again US$4. Was seriously tempted by an officer's leather and full-fur-lined coat that was shin-length, but at $200 was a little pricy - although I'm regretting not buying it now. Again, some of their army winter gear looked seriously warm (not surprising really). Brought a few more odds and ends, although can't remember exactly what now!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE