Rucsack harness. Help Please....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Injati

Tenderfoot
Sep 13, 2004
Schleswig-Holstein
Hi all

I'm trying to get hold of a rucsack harness (waist belt, and shoulder straps), that I can attach to my Swedish 35l rucsack. I thought I'd make one myself, but I'll be honest, I know absolutely nothing about sewing.
So if anybody knows how to make one, or knows where to buy it, then please help.

Thanks

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Try phoning your local army surplus dealer (or a distant one that'll post) and ask them if they have a NIAD carrier.

You'll be able to extract the straps you want from it easily enough. They're usually only a couple of quid.

Mek!

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
At £9.95 hardly seems worth the effort of making a harness - materials alone would cost you more than that!

Injati

Tenderfoot
Sep 13, 2004
Schleswig-Holstein
Great Pebble said:
Try phoning your local army surplus dealer (or a distant one that'll post) and ask them if they have a NIAD carrier.

You'll be able to extract the straps you want from it easily enough. They're usually only a couple of quid.

Mek!

Sorry for my ignorance but what is a NIAD carrier exactly :roll: ? And which online suppliers stock them?

Thanks

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
It's a carrier for a NAIAD of course! (mistyped first time) :)

Just a webbing harness, it carries the Nerve Agent Immobilised-enzyme Alarm and Detector or NAIAD...Sometimes called a "Screaming Barsteward" it's a gas alarm for want of a simpler term.

Dunno who stocks them but I've seen loads about in the last year or so at fairs and the like, usually in the junk pile, as I said for a quid or two. Very little to it but a set of straps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE