Royal Institution Christmas Lectures

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
I was suprised not to find a thread on this, if there is one my apologies.

Has anybody been watching them? This year they are five lectures (on channel five) by Hugh Montgomery called "Back from the brink: The science of survival". I was really annoyed to miss the first three, but won't miss it tonight, Channel Five 19:15. Blurb:

onthebox.com said:
Series of lectures by intensive care doctor and extreme sports enthusiast Hugh Montgomery. This year's lectures explore the theme of human survival - who lives, who dies, and why? The fourth lecture looks at how the body copes in situations of great stress and extreme physical exertion

What do you guys think of it?

I love these lectures they are usually very interesting, Hopefully this won't clash with the bosses soaps.

I was suprised not to find a thread on this, if there is one my apologies.

Has anybody been watching them? This year they are five lectures (on channel five) by Hugh Montgomery called "Back from the brink: The science of survival". I was really annoyed to miss the first three, but won't miss it tonight, Channel Five 19:15. Blurb:

What do you guys think of it?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Yeah - I have been watching these, science pitched at a level I can understand!
I watch the Xmas lectures every year - always value!

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
I watched on but missed the rest when they was aired at xmas. So i ordered the dvd for about £6 delivered and it landed on my doorstep today. I will get it watched and pass comment later. Generally they are very good so i am looking forward to it.

Greg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE