Rough Close TORM event November 2010 Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Looking at the weather, it might not be a bad idea.
Raining.gif

LOL, fair enough.

I just hope it's dry on the Sunday morning as I don't think the wife will appreciate me doing my usual trick of hanging tarps and the like over the bannister to dry. Somehow, I don't I'll get away with a parachute :rolleyes::nono:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
LOL, fair enough.

I just hope it's dry on the Sunday morning as I don't think the wife will appreciate me doing my usual trick of hanging tarps and the like over the bannister to dry. Somehow, I don't I'll get away with a parachute :rolleyes::nono:

Scumputer says:

no.jpg

At the moment (locally) it's supposed to be wet in the early hours of Friday, leading to a cloudy but _mostly_ dry day. Saturday is _supposed_ to be dry but cloudy. We shall not mention Sunday - We will, however, still hold Andy accountable :camping: :canoe:

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
the roughclose website seems to be down can someone post the address please so i can find out how long it will take for me to get to the site from my house. thanks

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
I will not be attending.
Hope you all have a good meet.

PREPER.......... :)

Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.

decorum
Sasquatch
Mesquite
Nolightweight
Snarf
Snarf's sniff
Twodogs
Muddy Boots
Tank
Twocoals Quark
dave53
The Big Lebowski
Wayland
Cliv Poss + 1
Karl82
Istvan
JonathanD
shaggystu (TBC)
Elines (TBC)
TinkyPete (TBC)
Andy BB

Sales / Trades / Swaps list:

decorum - sales - 3x 4" disco glitter balls - alum crystal (natural deodorant, styptic, aftershave etc) - Steel 'silver' Tins - Swedish Army Trangia (£5).

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire

decorum - sales - 3x 4" disco glitter balls - alum crystal (natural deodorant, styptic, aftershave etc) - Steel 'silver' Tins - Swedish Army Trangia (£5).

Muddy - Desert DPM Goretx Jacket not issued. Its an XL or even slightly bigger after £30 for it.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire

Muddy - Desert DPM Goretx Jacket not issued. Its an XL or even slightly bigger after £30 for it.

Andy BB - Vango Peace Tipi 500 - Brand new (recently opened up package I bought last year and found 2 tipis inside, not the one ordered - no wonder I thought it was so heavy! I'll be trying out mine for the first time here, so you can get to see one in action! (and judging by the weather forecast, it'll be a good test...) If anyone's interested I might also bring along a British Army No 2 Mk 2 Modified cooker - not a backpacker by any means - think of it as a turbocharged Optimus 111 on steroids! Cooked a nice roast chicken in it a couple of months ago.)

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
just recieved some slightly unpleasant financial news so won't be able to attend this one peeps, see you all another time another place.

meet list

decorum
Sasquatch
Mesquite
Nolightweight
Snarf
Snarf's sniff
Twodogs
Muddy Boots
Tank
Twocoals Quark
dave53
The Big Lebowski
Wayland
Cliv Poss + 1
Karl82
Istvan
JonathanD
Elines (TBC)
TinkyPete (TBC)
Andy BB

have a good one

stuart

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands

Andy BB - Vango Peace Tipi 500 - Brand new (recently opened up package I bought last year and found 2 tipis inside, not the one ordered - no wonder I thought it was so heavy! I'll be trying out mine for the first time here, so you can get to see one in action! (and judging by the weather forecast, it'll be a good test...) If anyone's interested I might also bring along a British Army No 2 Mk 2 Modified cooker - not a backpacker by any means - think of it as a turbocharged Optimus 111 on steroids! Cooked a nice roast chicken in it a couple of months ago.)

NLW - Dutch issue kip mat and storage bag, 2 x US issue mess tin sets, Coleman Exponent cook set (used twice), UK Jungle issue sleeping bag, UK issue mossie net (large 'over the cot' type), RAF Survival Knife, Ka-Bar (new, un-used) Interested parties attending the meet pm me for details etc.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~

NLW - Dutch issue kip mat and storage bag, 2 x US issue mess tin sets, Coleman Exponent cook set (used twice), UK Jungle issue sleeping bag, UK issue mossie net (large 'over the cot' type), RAF Survival Knife, Ka-Bar (new, un-used) Interested parties attending the meet pm me for details etc.

Mesquite - Andywinkk super tarp 4.2 x 4.5mt £40, British Army goretex gaiters as new £15, Crook knife blade £20 (bought from one of the makers on here just can't remember who) DD hammock (if I can find it).

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Just a thought, and I know the Address has been posted elsewhere in this list, but does anyone have a current internet address for the camp-site? The one on page 1 appears to no longer be valid.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... does anyone have a current internet address for the camp-site? The one on page 1 appears to no longer be valid.

As Steve said - the site's down atm. As far as I'm aware, it's being re-jigged - I'm not sure that I would have effectively removed access to making bookings or finding the site :dunno: .

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
S/T/S list added to and tidied.

decorum - sales - 3x 4" disco glitter balls - alum crystal (natural deodorant, styptic, aftershave etc) - Steel 'silver' Tins - Swedish Army Trangia (£5) - soap nuts.

Andy BB - Vango Peace Tipi 500 - Brand new - If anyone's interested I might also bring along a British Army No 2 Mk 2 Modified cooker - not a backpacker by any means - think of it as a turbocharged Optimus 111 on steroids!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
To try to enable as easy access to sales/trades/swaps as we can I'm going to set a time to posse up.
Everyone who wishes to be involved needs to gather at the top end of PC11 (somewhere between myself and Steve) between 10:30 and 10:40 on Saturday (and before someone *asks* ... Morning :nofeed: :lmao: ). We can sort the fineries from there - It also means that I'll definately be available at a specified time to sort fees :rolleyes: :lmao: .

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
decorum
Sasquatch
Mesquite
Nolightweight
Snarf
Snarf's sniff
Twodogs (Arrive Sat morning )
Muddy Boots
Tank
Twocoals Quark
dave53
The Big Lebowski
Wayland
Cliv Poss + 1
Karl82
Istvan
JonathanD
Elines (TBC)
TinkyPete (TBC)
Andy BB

Mesquite - Andywinkk super tarp 4.2 x 4.5mt £40, British Army goretex gaiters as new £15, Crook knife blade £20 (bought from one of the makers on here just can't remember who) DD hammock (if I can find it).

Twodogs , 6 x Leezo dehydrated rations , main meals I brought to many £ 2 each

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands

NLW - Dutch issue kip mat and storage bag, 2 x US issue mess tin sets, UK Jungle issue sleeping bag, RAF Survival Knife, Ka-Bar (new, un-used) Interested parties attending the meet pm me for details etc.

Twodogs , 6 x Leezo dehydrated rations , main meals I brought to many £ 2 each

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE