Rough Close TORM event November 2010 Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Thanks to all for a great weekend. thanks for organizing it once again Phil

Karls potjie was spot on :) and just what was needed an a cold evening. Istvans goulash also another treat of the weekend. Thanks guys

Some great campfire chats, thanks all. "but thats a story for another time" :)

Only a few pictures from me this time.

RC1.jpg

RC2.jpg

RC3.jpg

RC4.jpg

RC5.jpg

Karl was going to try a night with just a blanket but changed his mind before getting his head down.
RC6.jpg

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Just wanted to confirm what others have said - thanks (despite his protestations) to Decorum for another good meet, with the usual (and much appreciated) willingness to pass on knowledge and experience.

I took some pics of setups but my camers is on the blink and I can't download them to the PC - good job Christmas is coming(?)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
My thanks to all those who came along and made for another memorable Meet :thankyou: :grouphug: goodjob .

Although Andy2112 was missed, it was nice to talk about the chance of manky weather without someone actually causing its onset :p :lmao: .

We shall remain ever vigilant for the whereabouts of the W.I.P.E ;) .

:lmao: Anyone for Ketchup? :lmao:

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Camera now seems to be working.

Ad hoc pictures of tarp set ups in use:

CIMG5411.JPG

CIMG5414.JPG

CIMG5415.JPG

CIMG5417.JPG

Plus some chaps chopping wood (well, one anyway)

CIMG5416.JPG

(Wayland also chopped a lot of wood but I didn't have my camera with me to capture the action (or the people watching!))

and Wayland's alternative to a commercially-made snakeskin for a hammock

CIMG5425.JPG

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Thanks for Phil for organising another great meet and although I had to go early was a great relaxing time, sorry about the chainsaw going all night guys but I never heard it :)

Great to see old and new faces. Hope it wasn't too wet for the pack up for you guys.

Pete

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Thanks Phil and all who made it another faantastic meet. Great to see old faces and make some new friends as well. Looking forward to the next one already!

Istvan

Apr 4, 2010
Willington
Hi ,

Thanks for this great weekend!

Steve here is the recipe.

first fry 1 kg chopped onions in oil
when it`s ready put a tablespoon of red peper and salt
1.5kg beef fry it a bit together
Fill up with water than chop 1kg of tomato in

When the meet is cooked put the carrots first and when it`s half ready put the potatos.
Pepper, salt, rosmary, and lots of garlic.

Istvan

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Hi ,

Thanks for this great weekend!

Steve here is the recipe.

first fry 1 kg chopped onions in oil
when it`s ready put a tablespoon of red peper and salt
1.5kg beef fry it a bit together
Fill up with water than chop 1kg of tomato in

When the meet is cooked put the carrots first and when it`s half ready put the potatos.
Pepper, salt, rosmary, and lots of garlic.

Istvan

Than ks for that Istvan, it sounds like my kind of recipe... chuck it in and if it tastes right it's good :D

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
sounds like a good time was had by all, sorry i couldn't make it to this one, real world gets in the way occasionally. hope to catch up with you all soon (especailly istvan and his now legendary goulash!)

cheers

stuart

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
sounds like a good time was had by all, sorry i couldn't make it to this one, real world gets in the way occasionally. hope to catch up with you all soon (especailly istvan and his now legendary goulash!)

cheers

stuart

Same here, hope to get down again.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hmm, thought I posted this this afternoon - :rolleyes:

I spoke to a couple of people over the weekend about the insoles that I've been using for the past couple of months - Bootdoc linky thing - no connections, just happy to point people in their direction.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE