Roof Tents

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 27, 2005
I have one of those Maggiolina Roof Tents on my LR110.

It has to be the best bit of kit I ever bought. I originally wanted a traditional fold out type roof tent, but the Magg came up secondhand on the Land Rover Owner Forum. I paid £450 for it, which is expensive compared to your usual tents, but having slept in it for 2 weeks solid, it is fantastic.

Park up, and the tent is up in (literally) 30 seconds. The tent has a 3 inch thich mattress, which I think is more comfortable than my bed at home, plus the roof part has enough room to store my two foldiong chairs, two tables and the tent ladder. When you're done, about two minutes see it folded back down. It is very rigid in all types of weather, and a lot less noisy than other types of roof tent.

Roughing it, it aint. It is serious luxury, BUT I'm getting older (34!!) and my back prefers it to a Thermarest in a bivy bag!

The best advert I can give is that of all my friends who wanted fold out roof tents now want one of these instead.

Regards. Steve.

oops56

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 14, 2005
proctor vt.
dafdalziel said:
I have one of those Maggiolina Roof Tents on my LR110.

It has to be the best bit of kit I ever bought. I originally wanted a traditional fold out type roof tent, but the Magg came up secondhand on the Land Rover Owner Forum. I paid £450 for it, which is expensive compared to your usual tents, but having slept in it for 2 weeks solid, it is fantastic.

Park up, and the tent is up in (literally) 30 seconds. The tent has a 3 inch thich mattress, which I think is more comfortable than my bed at home, plus the roof part has enough room to store my two foldiong chairs, two tables and the tent ladder. When you're done, about two minutes see it folded back down. It is very rigid in all types of weather, and a lot less noisy than other types of roof tent.

Roughing it, it aint. It is serious luxury, BUT I'm getting older (34!!) and my back prefers it to a Thermarest in a bivy bag!

The best advert I can give is that of all my friends who wanted fold out roof tents now want one of these instead.

Regards. Steve.

If it was me i put it on a small trailer put goods on top of car

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
If it was me i put it on a small trailer put goods on top of car

if you were going to use a trailer wouldn't it be best to keep the roof free from a rack to cut the height down and help keep the COG low?

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
redflex said:
If going to tow it seems a bit pointless having roof tent on trailer why not just get trailer tent or caravan?

Trailer tents are worth having if only to entertain onlookers at the campsite during errection. From parking the car to putting the kettle on the built in stove takes well under five minutes. :)

fk0094.jpg

fk00vr.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE