Rivers safe/good for kids to paddle/play north west uk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Faz

Mar 24, 2011
Cheshire
Anyone know of any rivers in North West or North Wales that are good and safe for 10-13 yr olds to play in?

Some of their mates got into trouble on a canal yesterday so trying to remind my lads about safety in the water away from the pool.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
The attitude matter more than the river.

almost any river will be more dangerous than almost any canal. Deeper, more chance of snags, nets etc.

Faz

Mar 24, 2011
Cheshire
The attitude matter more than the river.

almost any river will be more dangerous than almost any canal. Deeper, more chance of snags, nets etc.

That's why I mentioned safe. The area given by Simon is ideal. It's to go over things I have taught them in the past while in the pool and lake.

When you hear about their friends getting into difficulty it's an ideal time to remind them of skills hardly used and sensible decisions.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Being picky here but here is the UK in Green

Wales where you ask about is half way up say. When I saw the title I thought I know some nice places. But your after mid west UK and that's with me leaving Northern Ireland out too. Hope you find somewhere safe. :)

ATB,
GB.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Which shade of Green?

Sorry not picky enough, the darker one akin to British Racing Green :)

Wasn't being nasty it's just that it's a common mistake South of the English/Scots border and only encourages those fools in the Scottish Parliament. (Sorry Mods - was being slightly political, though it is only my opinion.)

Hope your kids find somewhere though - great weather for playing in the water.

Faz

Mar 24, 2011
Cheshire
No probs, I learned geography from one of those EU maps that leaves parts of Scotland and Ireland off and completely deletes Wales.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE