Reversible fleece jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
S

Selous

Hi, I'm new to this site. V interesting. But forgive me it this has been raised already: I'm having trouble working out how the site works.

I have an elderly reversible fleece jacket. It is fleece on one side and pertex on the other. There is a pertex hood that folds into the collar. There are two pockets at waist level on inside and outside, not connected. The zip flips over so you can use it in either pertex or fleece mode. It has the word "Survival" embroidered into the fleece material at the point where you would find a chest pocket, if it had one. Which it doesn't. I've a feeling I bought it in Manchester, about 13 years ago. It's a great piece of kit: a medium weight fleece, with a comfortable pertex lining in one incarnation, a toasty warm windproof jacket in the other.

It's much better than a laminated fleece.

But now it is old and worn out, much like me... and I can't find a replacement anywhere. Shops keep offering me windstopper laminated fleece instead, and seem surprised when I politely decline.

Anybody any idea if these can still be bought? If so, where from? Or is there a modern manufacturer/version. Thanks

GoatBoy666

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2005
West London
Selous, from your description it sounds like it was made by a company called Survival Aids which were around late eighties. Top range gear. They produced there own buffalo style kit. I own there buffalo sleeping bag (outer) with pertex over deep pile inner. They had shops in Penrith and Euston station. Oh and there logo was the word Survival (embroidered). Think they are now penrith survial. There kit is good but pricy as it gets. Mind you I am still using sleeping bag which I bought in 1987, Its bomb proof... :D Oh also have there gortex bivi bag(cobra) with built in mosi mesh from the same time. Great kit.

S

Selous

Thanks, that looks helpful. I've found Penrith Survival Equipment on t'interweb, and I'll give them a ring next week

Selous

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE