Relum Tornado 22

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
get it down to a gunsmith and have him chrono it.

anything above 9ft/lbs should be enough for close range stuff. - ie 15 -20m

if it is kicking out 10 or more then i should think you will be able to bag a few bunnies with it.

as i said - best to get it checked.
do not hunt with it if the power is below 9ft/lbs.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
They were never the best, but could be made useful with a bit of work.
They had a second spring inside the mainspring, which couls actually reduce power! I seem to recal a BSA Meteor spring was a good replacement, giving about 10.5 ft/lbs energy, but needed some sort of floating guide tube to stop it buckling, genuine spares were never available. Have a look over on the airgun bbs.

Dave

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
They were never the best, but could be made useful with a bit of work.
They had a second spring inside the mainspring, which couls actually reduce power! I seem to recal a BSA Meteor spring was a good replacement, giving about 10.5 ft/lbs energy, but needed some sort of floating guide tube to stop it buckling, genuine spares were never available. Have a look over on the airgun bbs.

Dave

Come to mention it :rolleyes: I think mine has a BSA spring in it (aftermarket jobbie;)). Not sure of it's output but it does the job and has been used for Rats and Rabbits but not for a long while.

Richard

njc110381

Forager
Jun 17, 2008
Gloucester, UK
I'm sure thousands of Rabbits have been taken with one of these. As others have said get it checked out by a gun smith or take it to your local club. Most clubs have a chrono and it's easy enough to work out the power from the pellet weight and speed. Once you know it's up to the job shoot with it a bit and see how good you are. You need to be hitting an inch circle with it every time at whatever distance and then hunt to that range. I used to be able to work out to 40+ yards with mine, but I was good with it.

I haven't hunted with an air rifle for some time now but I used to get some good bags. I prefer powder burners these days as there's more margin for error and they offer better range. 250 yards is my best bunny shot so far. Not the longest shot ever but it was a good walk to go and fetch it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE