Recognised qualification

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Is there such thing as a recognised qualification in bushcraft instruction ?
I would like to teach this valuable subject to those that want to learn and have even heard ofa GCSE in bushcraft , but what instructor courses are available ?
I would like to teach to an advanced level if possible . My currant skills and knowledge of bush craft has a few holes in it at present (i have never done foraging or tracking) . I do not mind at all if the courses start basic as long as i get to where i want to be . Any help with this greatly appreciated .
Cheers
Pumbaa

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
The course run by John Ryder at http://www.woodcraft-school.co.uk/advanced.htm is aimed aimed at those wishing to teach. Its a NCFE (National Certificate in Further Education) making it fully recognised as an outdoor leadership training course.

If you wish to teach the GCSE or any other qualification acredited by OCN (Open College Network) you will need a City and Guilds Teaching Certificate, PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education) or equal teaching qualification depending on the age and circumstances of the students.

Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE