RE: Custom Knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
T

theorsmeister

Does anyone know any knife makers who will make a blade cheaply after being given a design, coz i designed myself a bushcraft knife and was wondering if anyone could make the blade for me, but I'm on a low budget!!

This is probs in the wrong section, but if any1 does it would be much appreciated.

Cheers!!

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
try over at british blades. there are plenty of knife makers over there. there's bound to be someone who can help you.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
theorsmeister said:
Does anyone know any knife makers who will make a blade cheaply after being given a design, coz i designed myself a bushcraft knife and was wondering if anyone could make the blade for me, but I'm on a low budget!!

This is probs in the wrong section, but if any1 does it would be much appreciated.

Cheers!!

Theorsmeister,
Why have someone make the blade for you, when you could do it yourself. www.greenpete.co.uk IIRC for all the tips you need.

ATB

Ogri the trog

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
When all the time, and effort, and research, and tool buying/hunting are brought into it, it is LOADS cheaper to go out and buy a knife, or get someone to make one for you. Its just a question of spending the money in a lump, or starting something that will tend to leach money away at a slow but steady rate. Maybe leaching the money into a special fund, then going an buying just what you want would work out best :rolleyes:

Another option is to find a production knife you like, then strip off the bits you aren't so fond of and refinish that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE