Ray Mears rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Sorry to go off topic a bit, but I was wondering where he got that canvas tarp, it would be great (apart from the weight) as it would be definatly child proof, just what I need.

I dread to think of the thread that would be started if uncle Ray had a bucket of POO. I wonder how many BCUK members would want to know where theuy could get the same. ;) :) ;)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
:D
Chopper said:
Sorry to go off topic a bit, but I was wondering where he got that canvas tarp, it would be great (apart from the weight) as it would be definatly child proof, just what I need.

You should give them a call, they're very helpful and i'm sure it would be worth your time. I'm not sure how much Rachel is in the office but there will be someone there that can help. :D

Have a look here for a link

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
I believe the canvas pack was a Duluth pack - they are an american company.

As for the bucket of poo - where did he get the bucket? ;)

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
Chopper said:

Kathmandu Trekking make one. They call it their heavy duty basha ...... 4oz cloth. Might be a bit heavy to lug around the place though! :)

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Beer Monster said:
Kathmandu Trekking make one. They call it their heavy duty basha ...... 4oz cloth. Might be a bit heavy to lug around the place though! :)

They also do a thing called a basha tent - made of ripstop - much lighter - they do an excelelent range of gear and its all british made too.

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
Gary said:
They also do a thing called a basha tent - made of ripstop - much lighter - they do an excelelent range of gear and its all british made too.

Yes, I have an extended length basha 3m x 1.8m (with a couple of extra loops added along the ridge line) on order with them now. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Anyway back to the rucksack ........ being north of the border I haven’t seen all the series yet, however, he seems to favour the Norrona range of clothing/bergens ......... could it be the Norrona Recon 125L? ....... I belive he is photographed carrying it on the cover of one of his books.

Beer Monster said:
........ being north of the border I haven’t seen all the series yet, .........

Ooooh! Just realised that I can watch part of the series again since BBC Scotland is provided by NTL Cable TV down here :D :D

For those who have it : 7pm Wed BBC2 Scotland - "Ray Mears' Bushcraft -
Ray undertakes a journey by dog sled through the magical landscape of northern Sweden where every fall of snow seems to bring the chance of a new start"

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Platypus said:
Ooooh! Just realised that I can watch part of the series again since BBC Scotland is provided by NTL Cable TV down here :D :D

For those who have it : 7pm Wed BBC2 Scotland - "Ray Mears' Bushcraft -
Ray undertakes a journey by dog sled through the magical landscape of northern Sweden where every fall of snow seems to bring the chance of a new start"

I can watch it! Always out on a Thursday and the video is U/S thanks for the tip!

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
Gary said:
I believe the canvas pack was a Duluth pack - they are an american company.

As for the bucket of poo - where did he get the bucket? ;)

The bright orange buckets that B&Q sell for 99p are surprisingly comfortable :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE