Ray Mears Book £203.88

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
F

Faeden

Hi all

I love Ray Mears's program Bushcraft and thought id look for a book by him, and came across THIS its £203.88, is this a mistake, or is it really that expensive, and if it really is that expensive can anyone tell me why? All his other books are reasonably priced.

Take care
Faeden

M

Millbilly

Hiya mate. I think its because its one of his earlier books, and is now out of print, or at least hard to find. I wouldnt pay that for it though, thats disgusting. :( there was a paperback "rucksack sized" version released which contained basically the same info, and that might still be obtainable. If theres anything in particular in there you want to know, i'll photocopy it and send it to you, but most of the info is on this site in one form or another if you do a search.

Kane

Forager
Aug 22, 2005
UK
It's from a second hand dealer - price has possibly no relation to the real world or suggests that Rays stuff is becoming collectable! Found another one through bookfinder.com priced at £160 both are american dealers.

Kane

Better price at http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet...off&sts=t&ds=30&bi=0&isbn=0340792582&sortby=2 dollar price translate to around £75 for an unread copy with dustjacket - much more reasonable price - for other dealers in out of print books Google for "out of print books" and start searching :D

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I'm sure this isn't an earlier book, the inside look of the pages are the same, the front page is the same as the edition i have, and it's not his first book. Heck I should photocopy my one and sell the original :D

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Faeden said:
Hi all

I love Ray Mears's program Bushcraft and thought id look for a book by him, and came across THIS its £203.88, is this a mistake, or is it really that expensive, and if it really is that expensive can anyone tell me why? All his other books are reasonably priced.

Take care
Faeden

I paid only 37.80 EURO ... so for the price you pay on Amazon, you'll get about 10 books overhere :rolleyes: :lmao: (Me thinks: "Good business" :naughty: ).
Don't know if they are really out of print. As suggested, have look on the internet. Otherwise I'll have look for you overhere - there must be left one somewhere ... ;)

Edit: On the RM website the above mentioned book is 12.99 GBP- and out of stock (the smaller rucksack version is 11.50 GBP).

It must be Santa Claus conspiricy :yikes: ...

F

Faeden

Thanks for all your replies and links, ill go for one of his cheaper books I think :D I am watching (stalking) two of them books on Ebay, if I can get them for a reasonable price ill pounce. I am going to keep a look out for that book from now on in shops, and if I see it for sale ill buy every copy they have, and make a small fortune :beerchug:

Faeden

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE