Ration Pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
I think they are about a fiver each ... not bad when you look at how much grub you get for that!

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Strikeforce only does the american rations but as pointed out these are about £5.

Even american troops dont like these and used to swap them with us every chance they got.

Another thing to remember is that each rat pack is meant to be one meal so in thoery you need 3 rat packs a day (not sure if this is still the case but the last us rations I got where the same)

As a ACF member you would have had British rations - in these you get a wholes days food and brew kit - the food is better and the drinks more varied.

These cost around £10 each when you can find them and I think Springfield supples are currently the only source in uk.

Anybody know any others suppliers of brit rat packs?

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Gary said:
Strikeforce only does the american rations but as pointed out these are about £5.

Jasper at Strikeforce does have them ... I've bought a lot from him over the years. And if he doesn't have them, he'll get some in.

S

Strider

Gary said:
As a ACF member you would have had British rations

ACF....ACF!!!!! :shock: The man said Air Cadets- ATC thank you very much! :p
Yeh we use brit rat packs whenever we go on weekend camps n such.. in my opinion theyre much better than the american ones. The US are now a full 24 hour one and include 3 meals i believe..but the only thing we use em for when do get our hands on them is mini bottles of tabasco sauce. They seem more caring.. you get peanut butter and they come with chemical heaters fot the meals(add small amount of water and slow chemical reaction heats up the MRE(meal-ready to eat..or meal rejected by everyone :roll: )) and you get more varied drinks..like apple cider drink and such(non alcohollic :-( ) But the brit ones just seem better..the meals are much nicer and you seem to get more..
plus, you cant beat brit rat pack hot chocolate..with 2 sahets of sugar :p

Cheers,
Lawrence(2473 sqn. ATC!!!!!)

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
The General said:
Are the Wayfarer Food packs any good?

If you mean the packs that contain a ration pack meal and an MRE heater, yes, they are superb. They're not made for the civi market, instead use military products that are of a high quality.

Another advantage of them is that they contain a small, ready measured sachet of water for the heater.

bushblade

Nomad
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire
www.bushblade.co.uk
Adi007 said:
The General said:
Are the Wayfarer Food packs any good?

If you mean the packs that contain a ration pack meal and an MRE heater, yes, they are superb. They're not made for the civi market, instead use military products that are of a high quality.

Another advantage of them is that they contain a small, ready measured sachet of water for the heater.

The Wayfayrer http://www.wayfayrer.co.uk/ foods are very good, they are the same meals that are put in the british ration packs. They cost arround £3 each, I use them a lot, but then, staff discounts are a wonderfull thing :cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE