Raising money for charity

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
It keeps crossing my mind that i should get of my butt and do something to raise a half decent amount of cash for charity , specificaly "The British Lung Foundation" who run the local Breatheasy groups .
My question is what can i do thats a bit different ? Just about every charity does parachute jumps etc.
I would want to be raising money with £1000 as a minimum amount . I know every penny helps but would want to raise as much as i possibly could (they have done a lot for my wife , including keeping her alive ,and i feel a few quid just wouldn't be enough !)
So what ideas for fundraising events or expeditions do you guys have ?
Any set up or running costs would be my contribution so i need to try and keep that realistic . I dont quite have the resourses of Richard Branson !
This is all a bit "in theory" at the moment , a brain storming session for mad ideas .
So come on , what ideas have you got ?
Cheers
Pumbaa

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
pumbaa said:
It keeps crossing my mind that i should get of my butt and do something to raise a half decent amount of cash for charity , specificaly "The British Lung Foundation" who run the local Breatheasy groups .
My question is what can i do thats a bit different ? Just about every charity does parachute jumps etc.
I would want to be raising money with £1000 as a minimum amount . I know every penny helps but would want to raise as much as i possibly could (they have done a lot for my wife , including keeping her alive ,and i feel a few quid just wouldn't be enough !)
So what ideas for fundraising events or expeditions do you guys have ?
Any set up or running costs would be my contribution so i need to try and keep that realistic . I dont quite have the resourses of Richard Branson !
This is all a bit "in theory" at the moment , a brain storming session for mad ideas .
So come on , what ideas have you got ?
Cheers
Pumbaa

I managed to raise about £2200 for Great Ormond street by getting a sponsored team together to ride the biggest bike in the world. (well, it actually had 3 wheels but who really cares?). It did cost rather a lot to rent but if you can get a team of 24 together and they all raise over £100, you've exceeded your target already. We got another couple of hundred quid running alongside the bike shaking buckets and we only went 13 miles.

Perhaps a BCUK team could be raised? :naughty:

http://www.charitybikes.com/

stoddy

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2005
dorset
I did the coast-to-coast walk a few years ago in the army, and we raised 5 grand.
it took us 7 days to tab 190 miles :) (couldn't do it now those)

you could do the south west coast path which is about 630 miles long, camping along the route.
you could complete it in 4 weeks in summer, it would be hard going, but not immpossible. or do the three peaks challenge!
I had a mate who pushed a wheelbarrow around the london marathon, and got loads of sponsorship from building companies.

hound local businesses for sponsorship. If you need any help, PM me, I am a really necky t**t when it comes to asking people for money :)

PurpleHeath

Forager
Jan 5, 2005
West Sussex, England
do the nijmegen walk in holland, it a 100 miles over 4 days where everyone is on the streets having one big party! great fun! :D :D raising money for charity is a great excuse for going!! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE