pure easy water filter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
I'm in a similar boat monkeyboy. I did have a Premac PWP, but it left too much of a chemical taste behind. I then switched to a Drinksafe Supalite, but that needs a full bag of water and optimum conditions to work well (plus I'm a bit impatient to be honest-my shortfall and not the filter's!). I'm looking at a Katadyn at present, but some have mixed reviews.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
its a hard one isnt mate, there is a system that ray mears was using that i really like he had clorine tabs a pump and boiling, it looked like a small light system that would last for ever, I wander what pump he was using? 

Not heard of this particular brand, but I personally don't trust pumps. I'm sure many of then are great, and it's just a personal thing, but I prefer my outdoor kit to hve as few moving parts as possible! lol

I use one of these and absolutely swear by it. I've taken water from all kinds of sources and drunk it straight from the bottle. No chlorine taste (it actually filters that out too) and filters as quick as you can drink it. Brilliant bits of kit :D

rjaeger

Nov 6, 2010
northampton
It depends on what your hoping/thinking your water 'filter' is going to do, waters filter can be used at home!! to give your tap water a 'softer' feel, but if you're thinking they're going to filter out bugs/germs they won't/don't.
Depending on where you getting your drinking water supply from use either puritabs or iodine tablets.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
It depends on what your hoping/thinking your water 'filter' is going to do, waters filter can be used at home!! to give your tap water a 'softer' feel, but if you're thinking they're going to filter out bugs/germs they won't/don't..
Some filters *do* filter out bacteria.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE