Prezzies

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Can't think where else to post this.
I'm struggling to find cool presents for my family of adult males......though the adult is frequently questionable :rolleyes: :D .....I found this site
http://www.gyroscope.com/default.asp
from a link in The New Scientist, and while they sell seriously cool toys they're far too expensive.
They are all interested in making things, model engineering, robotics, computers, electronics, photography, hillwalking, climbing, pyrotechnics, that sort of thing. Ages? 83, 60, 45, 26, 24.
Any ideas? Any other sites you'd recommend?

Thanks,
Toddy
p.s. ( I've got the sweeties and basic books covered, clothes aren't presents to this bunch; they're just a necessity :) )

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Toddy............How about your local millets store for hill walking bits and pieces, or blacks or field and trek etc. For pyrotecnics you could always get them to try Pumbaa's little trick on his signature................Jon

nooky

Nomad
Oct 26, 2005
Watton, Norfolk
Hello Toddy, Ive just got one of those toastie makers. They seem quite good (only used on the cooker in the kitchen so far). They can hold quite alot of filling in the toastie, about 1" deep. It seals the edges nicely (so long as you put the braed in so that it can be sealed :rolleyes: ). It was a fast service I ordered it sunday night and I had it on Tuesday.
Andrew.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
nooky said:
Hello Toddy, Ive just got one of those toastie makers. They seem quite good (only used on the cooker in the kitchen so far). They can hold quite alot of filling in the toastie, about 1" deep. It seals the edges nicely (so long as you put the braed in so that it can be sealed :rolleyes: ). It was a fast service I ordered it sunday night and I had it on Tuesday.
Andrew.

I've been wondering about that one :) If you don't have to lug it far it seemed an excellent way of getting a hot filling meal without having to clean out the pots :D

p.s. Thanks for all of the links folks, :You_Rock_
Cheers,
Toddy

twelveboar

Forager
Sep 20, 2005
County Durham
Ages? 83, 60, 45, 26, 24.

You're never too old for a model aeroplane/ship and you can never have enough hats, knives, guitar strings/picks, boot dubbin, booze or time off work.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
twelveboar said:
RC cars are great for hastling dogs with.

Yeah :) , but my 83 year old uncle made a half-track one three feet long :eek: Damn thing was lethal. My sister in law and I just climbed up on the table and sat and had our tea there to keep out of *their* way. I've bought an rc flying saucer for son 1 this year....I can see us retreating, with the moggie, to the sheds come Christmas :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Toddy

twelveboar

Forager
Sep 20, 2005
County Durham
Toddy, they do have a practical use. A friend of mine had one modified to carry an ashtray/tv remote/matches/etc. so that when everyone was sat round full of food and booze, no-one had to get up. Mind you he was by far the most slothfull person I've ever known.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
re the toastie maker - in the description it says plastic handles.... I saw the item and first thought was whether the handles would melt. Are they solid plastic or metal handles coated with the sticky stuff? :confused:

still interested btw - just a great opportunity to ask someone who owns one :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE