Potjie Pot at the Moot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
For those who expressed an interest, I got one potjie pot from Unbeaten Tracks and one from African Enterprises.

A 1/4 size pot (like in the pictures below) will just fit a meal for one person, though you wouldn't want too many bones in as they would take up too much space. A 1/2 size pot will do a meal for 2-3 people, and there are much larger sizes.

Unbeaten Tracks were the cheapest I could find, but they said that they have now stopped doing the 1/2 size and smaller pots. I got my 1/4 size pot from African Enterprises. I paid a little over £20 each for my potjies.

potjie_01.jpg

potjie_02.jpg

Geoff

Last edited:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Nice! I was wondering where I could get a pot like that from. Very similar to the pots the hobbits use in the infamous trilogy! Bang goes another twenty sheets! :rolleyes:

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Nice! I was wondering where I could get a pot like that from. Very similar to the pots the hobbits use in the infamous trilogy! Bang goes another twenty sheets! :rolleyes:

And there is an Occult shop in Didcot that is selling them as cauldrons!

Geoff

Tripitaka

Nomad
Apr 13, 2008
Vancouver Island, BC.
Don't forget that I have just negotiated a deal with Unbeaten Tracks for discount. Check out the Full Member forum for details.

I have the Super Potjie as there are always several of us eating - it's many different things in one - griddle, frying pan, dutch oven and potjie. bit more expensive though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE