Post photo of your favorite Knife!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ozhaggishead

Nomad
Dec 8, 2007
Sydney
www.flickr.com
This thread is going to go on for a long long time guys.............
IMG_1494.jpg

Bit of D.I.Y work by me.My new baby!

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
I guess my favourite is one of these two. Not because they are beautiful, because they aren't. They just seem to have a good mix of functionality, design and quality.

Only problem is I don't own one and don't have the money for one either. :dunno:
The name is written on the blade.

964.jpg

f1blue.jpg

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
This is my favourite knife and for purely sentimental reasons. It was the first decent quality knife I owned and started me off collecting all manner of sharp pointy things. It is a small Sandvik 12c27 skinner made by Theuns Prinsloo, a South African maker. Handle is dyed Giraffe.
2725528084_a8046023c3.jpg

2725529650_b652724714.jpg

2725528726_e5e578e329.jpg

These are my regular users. I find the Mora (not the Clipper the other one) incredibly hard to beat as an everyday user.
1498093148_5e71ed41d1.jpg

Chris

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
It's a $12 hardware store brand ... user ... marked Uncle Henry. I'me not afraid to use it for anything. If I damage it or lose it, a replacement is a stop at the hareware store and $12 or $14 bucks away.

Better make that ebay. Schrade went out of business quite some time ago. The only "Schrades" you will find in a hardware store today are imported.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I have owned and still own some very nice custom and production fixed blades but the knife that works best for me in the outdoors is the ...Benchmade Ritter Survival Knife Mk1 in M2 High Speed tool steel...

Nice Knife :)

It isn't really my favorite, but the RSK is the knife that is with me most of the time.

It's possible to convert it to a legal folding knife for everyday carry in the UK by grinding away enough of the handle side cutting edge to bring it down to less than three inches and then by using the supplied Torx key removing the locking mechanism. The axis bolt can be tightened as needed to provide the friction needed to keep the blade in a closed or opened state for light work.

I'm not sure how the law would view carrying a legal folder and the components for returning it to its non legal locking status at the same time, however it may make life easier if you plan to use public transport and are likely to encounter metal detectors etc. :rolleyes:

rsk_mk1.jpg

My favorite is the Alan Wood Woodlore...

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

ANDYRAF

Settler
Mar 25, 2008
St Austell Cornwall
It's surprising what you collect over the years, here's a sellection of mine. With all this steel sat here I can't really justify buying a nice shiny new bushy.

100_9441Small.jpg

Oh well, a man can dream can't he?

hey andy, where did you get the folder above the bottom parang? i think i have the same one, but it needs replacing, and i don't know where you get them from- i didn't buy mine.

it's a handy little thing, and it looks nice, if a little cheap. which is good really, because it means i'm not as bothered about losing it as with say, a helle or fallkniven.

ANDYRAF

Settler
Mar 25, 2008
St Austell Cornwall
I think it was in a fishing tackle shop in Mevagissey, made in china, I'll be down there next week i'll see if he still has them and let you know.:swordfigh

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Tis all AW original. Bit scared to use it to be honest, so it is a safe queen, brought out every now again upon a velvet pillow, surrounded by gilded hippo's and dancing girls.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE