Possibles Pouch or Manbag You Decide!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Possibles Pouch or Handbag?

• Possibles Pouch

Votes: 47 81.0%
  • Handbag

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
I just finished my first possibles pouch. Wet-molded over a suitable piece of tuppaware, hardened with beeswax, with a simple Sam Browne stud fastening. I'm quite pleased with it, but SWMBO has suggested it might look like a handbag in the wrong light!:eek:

If the poll comes out in favour of handbag, I'll add a leather strap across the middle to avoid any further confusion! It does have belt loops on the back, honest.

590148827_8b9984deb8.jpg

Geuf

Nomad
May 29, 2006
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
looking very nice. Do you also h ave some assembly pictures?
I would love to see a tutorial of that. and by the way, where would one get such leather? (pref. in the netherlands ;) )

leon-1

I just finished my first possibles pouch. Wet-molded over a suitable piece of tuppaware, hardened with beeswax, with a simple Sam Browne stud fastening. I'm quite pleased with it, but SWMBO has suggested it might look like a handbag in the wrong light!:eek:

If the poll comes out in favour of handbag, I'll add a leather strap across the middle to avoid any further confusion! It does have belt loops on the back, honest.

590148827_8b9984deb8.jpg

Nice job Shep, looks similair to some of the ones I make.

As Squidders said there ain't a great deal of difference to be honest, they are used for a very similar purpose in as much as you carry things that you may possibly need. Main difference is contents, with a bloke it could contain any number of practical things, with a woman it will hold wallets, makeup, sewing kit (possibly including the sewing machine) and any number of non essentials which we men could not dream of fitting in to a pouch that size. In the end women are just better at packing than men.

Nice first effort:You_Rock_

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Thanks for everyone's support!

looking very nice. Do you also h ave some assembly pictures?
I would love to see a tutorial of that. and by the way, where would one get such leather? (pref. in the netherlands ;) )
The leather is le prevo 2.6mm columbo side (2nd quality). I'm going to make more so I will compile some assembly photos next time.
Cheers.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
6" wide by 4" high by about 1.5" deep. Sort of 'clutch bag' size:D . Although you guys are helping to allay my paranoia - and win the 'discussion' with the wife!:thanks:

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
dont you wear a man bag over your shoulder? I dont know as I dont own one.....;)

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
"Whats wrong with a manbag - perfectly functional, and you can always dance around it at a bushmoot."

:lmao:
Oh dear oh dear. I see I've opened a can of worms here!

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
I nearly went for handbag (although it reminds me more of a lovely satchel - it's very
nice by the way) but noticed how ungirly the clip was...so definitely not a handbag.

KAE1 - :lmao:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Could you thread some chain under the flap

Join the ends up

and show me it worn over the shoulder

with an off the shoulder number in ventile?

Just needed to confirm my vote ;)

Red :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE