Portable Smoker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
W

Winston Dover

Has anyone ever made a portable smoker thats suitable for one or two people to use, but that can be caried around farily easily in a rucksack.

Ive been thinking about it today and had the idea of using a set of rectangular army billies, the small one going on the heat with the wood chips in it, the other used upside down as a lid. I may have to fabricate a grill and a method of holidng it in place, im thinkg a few smallish nuts and bolts, then i could rest the lid on the outside of these to gain extra space inside.

This would have the advantage that you cuold still use the smaller billy as a regular pan to boil water etc if you wanted to, although i think i may have to drill air holes in the big one, im nt sure what the overlap gap is around them.

Woudl this work or am i talking out of my hat?

Anyone any ideas or any ideas for other methods?

john scrivy

Nomad
May 28, 2007
essex
sounds good winston I think you should make your smoker give it a go let us all know how you get on good luck fella I love these little inventions

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
A paddling buddy had something like this along a month or so ago(though I don't think it was that one).
http://www.essentialbbq.co.uk/product.php?productID=34345

...and very well it worked too.

smoker4.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE