Pocket Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
W

WNZer

Theres the Svord peasent knife, sure its rough but I like the "old fashoined" look of it and it dosnt lock it just has a spur so it cant close while your holding it, also if you are a bit of a handyman you could try do something like carve out some wood so you have it fit together better. :)

W

WNZer

Also, I belive that Opinels are locking, hence illegal to carry under UK knife laws.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Then again as the locking bit of the opinal is manual rather than automatic, it only locks if you make a specific choice to do so! (so i guess if you needed to it would be easier to argue the 'lock knife' law if it arose)

Also I'm pretty sure it would be easy to remove / disable the locking ring as it is just a rotating ring with a cut out where the blade goes! - if you don't want to mutilate the knife too much you could always resort to superglue.....;)

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
g4ghb said:
Then again as the locking bit of the opinal is manual rather than automatic, it only locks if you make a specific choice to do so! (so i guess if you needed to it would be easier to argue the 'lock knife' law if it arose)

I wouldn't put much hope in that arguement! :rolleyes:

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I just picked up a couple Bokers that are pretty nice for the money.
bokers1b.jpg

These are from the Grand Canyon line. I called Boker before I purchased and they said they are all carbon steel.

Bought mine at New Graham Knives .

cgait

Jan 23, 2005
Cwmaman, South Wales
Thanks all. I'll be picking myself a boker up as soon as i get some spare cash. They look like they are quite nice knives. One last question are they locking??

John_UK

Oct 2, 2005
Some of the best pocket knives are made by Queencutlery.com look for the D2 steel. You could also try knifeworks.com and look at the Case knives in chrome vanadium steel (CV). Case CV steel is carbon steel with a fair reputation unlike the surgical stainless they use for the majority of their knives which is ideal to be nice and shiny as it gathers dust in collectors draws. (Just my opinion)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE