PLCE prototype?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 28, 2009
UK
I was doing a bit of research and I came acrose this picture on http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/PLCE and supposadly its a PLCE prototype. Im not sure so thats why I made this thread to get others opinions.

plce1.jpg

plce5.jpg

plce4.jpg

plce3.jpg

plce2.jpg

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
I like it, though opening and closing poppers with one hand isn't easy.
you can see they had 2nd thoughts about the belt buckle, and what is the "C"clip thing on the belt???

the low down loops look like perhaps a poncho roll type arrangement was thought about, it's obvious where the bayonet is meant to go, and the yoke is very imilar to the Arktis version,

I'd like to see a full set to see what they they decided to change...interesting find!:You_Rock_

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
A mate of mine(TA) had a very early plce pouch in og,very similar to the type used now but it had a very similar back system to the pouches in your pic,eg only 1 belt clip, not like the metal tongue like things on modern sets. SOF sell a belt quite like the one in your pic.

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
A mate of mine(TA) had a very early plce pouch in og,very similar to the type used now but it had a very similar back system to the pouches in your pic,eg only 1 belt clip, not like the metal tongue like things on modern sets. SOF sell a belt quite like the one in your pic.

I've got an early P'90 utility pouch like that, it's got a '58-style c-hook for the belt and two different loops for the belt so it could be worn low like typical PLCE or high like P'37 pouches.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE