Platial

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maverix

Forager
May 16, 2005
North Devon coast
Me again,

Can you tell im looking for something to do :D

Just come across a new fave for my bookmarks and thought, considering how much i miss the old map, this may well be an easy solution to restoring it.

http://www.platial.com/maverixxx/map/2530#Bushcraft

Once your registered you can add to the map with your location
However I see no reason why this cannot be used as a great resource to share any locations for whatever reason. with pics and links this could turn into an invaluable resource.

One word of caution, before you go mad and add all your best spots. remember specific locations of rare resources are best kept on a secret map tucked under your thermarest. otherwise you may well turn up to a nice quiet spot you know to find an improptu moot in the making.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
is there something im missing?
Yep.... most people are still at work and havn't read your post yet, and alot of people will be weary of giving away their location details to a 3rd party who they know nothing about.

Ed

maverix

Forager
May 16, 2005
North Devon coast
I figured those who didnt want to give full details would just stick a pin near to them or maybe near to a place where they spend time.

As per usual I may well be a little ahead of my time, it is still in beta after all. Just figured with the map being so popular in the past this may work as a more comprehensive one. Im happy to hand over ownership to someone more closely connected to the forum, or delete the map from my account.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Im happy to hand over ownership to someone more closely connected to the forum,

We are a little busy behind the scenes at the moment, but thanks for the offer. We will re-introduce a members map at some point, but i think it is quite far down on the list of things to do. We have a few upgrades in the works.... including a wiki which is coming on leaps and bounds (its skinned and working).... and open soon for you to add content (though one member has already started... you know who you are.... great work)

We will have the map back........ watch this space.... in the mean time people have the option of using yours, or one of the others that have popped up ;)

:D
Ed

maverix

Forager
May 16, 2005
North Devon coast
I just thought that this map could become a great resource for the group. a place to share places that we know. Considering you are all doing this for nothing I figured it would mean one less job on the list.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE