Places near to anglesey

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Im coming over from holland to do a sea kayaking course in anglesey, I would like to know if there are any places people can recommend to stay I guess the beach is the first option ;)
Im travelling buy motorbike so will be solo Plus my overnighting gear (tarp + hammock etc).
Im ok to travel round 30 - 50 mins each way so I guess that puts part of north wales (snowdonia as an option) but was wondering if anybody has any good spots ?

Simon

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Hi Simon,

Afraid I can't name any specific places but there are quite a few campsites in the area so you won't be stuck if you get desperate :)

Best of luck with the course :D

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
depends where your course is and what you want. There are lots of campsites but if you are looking for somewhere to stick your hammock up in some trees overnight you could look at Newborough Warren the southern corner of the island. One of the largest sand dune systems in Europe with incredible flora this time of year but backed by hundreds of acres of mature softwood plantation. I am sure you could find somewhere in there to get out of the way and stick a hammock up.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
There is over 300 campsites in anglesey so take your pick! I often stay at the north of the island, around moelfre, I can recommend that area its very beautiful, though I dont have the number of any camp sites.

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
depends where your course is and what you want. There are lots of campsites but if you are looking for somewhere to stick your hammock up in some trees overnight you could look at Newborough Warren the southern corner of the island. One of the largest sand dune systems in Europe with incredible flora this time of year but backed by hundreds of acres of mature softwood plantation. I am sure you could find somewhere in there to get out of the way and stick a hammock up.

Thanks that sounds exactlly what I need thanks for the tip.. course is in Holyhead..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE