Pizza oven

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
Oh yeah never thought of that .......:eek:

i've been struggling to find a reliable source of clay locally but have now managed to find a supply from a local potter ( will cost me but i need to finish the project and get some pizza made ) How much clay would you think you used in your oven ?

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
1/3 of the mix :)<br><br>It's a bit difficult to put my mind back to when we built it. &nbsp;Probably 4-5 wheelbarrow loads

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Right, I've asked my clay supplier to see if they can collect some offcuts over the next couple of weeks - if they don't reply I'll either be digging a hole in the back garden or buying lots of clay kitty litter.

In a conversation last night in the pub, someone mentioned they had a load of useless firebricks lying around - so we'll be pinching those then...

The only thing I really need is a chainsaw wielding madman to make an altar fire base and cut me a door or two... Fortunately Mad dave was been volunteered for some of this...

One of the other things I need is some glass bottles up at the naughty corner to use as an insulating layer between the base and the oven floor. Any volunteers?

Finally a bale of straw (or half) would be really handy...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE