permission help east yorkshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

s410 DEAN

Jan 24, 2016
east yorkshire
i am insured and a member of basc looking for help to get permission in east yorkkshire
to use my air rifle also looking for a shooting partner in the hull area and help would be great

thanks

dean

Jackdaw

Probably a good idea to post up on the Introductions & Welcomes section first as it's normal etiquette. Also, this is primarily a Bushcraft Forum and, although there is a sub-section under Lovely Grub for shooting game, there are several East Yorkshire based forums on FB that could probably better point you in the right direction.

Have you tried knocking on doors? It's how most people get their permissions; drive around and stop off at a farm and offer your services. Take your BASC membership card and insurance docs with you and don't take the rejections hard; I heard of one lad who got gobby when he was turned down and the farmer simply rang all the other local farmers and warned them off.

Good luck.

Jack

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
Turn up smart and not in camo and definitely no gun.offer to share the spoils and do some odd jobs around the place.if they say no just ask if they know anyone else.have some cards printed.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Be prepared to barter. I got permission to hunt birds only, Canada geese and ducks. Those birds make an awful mess of stock water ponds not to mention the crop damage. So that was OK, I'm the scarecrow with a 12ga. In that day and time, they were trying to train a couple of ??? falcons to hunt the local pigeon problem. As we are required to use non-toxic shot for migratory waterfowl (I'm shooting BBB and #2 steel), I breasted the birds for them and for myself and gave them the remains of the birds for the falcons in the winter.

So the farmer switched from peas to oats. The greese and ducks all went away. In August, stand at the field edge for a while = nothing but black bears, lying down and grazing. Not my game.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE