Perfectly Autumn

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

damh_bard

Hi peeps,

I spent last Saturday night sleeping out in our woods. I lay in a hammock between two ash trees and watched the sunset over the canopy, roe deer feeding in the field that borders our woodland. In the darkness, I listened to owls calling, and the stags in the forest beginning the call for the rut.

I awoke Sunday morning to a wonderfully revitalising autumn chill. The freshness of the air was like breathing the best Champagne, and the roe deer were back feeding in the field, held within a slight mist, under the morning Sun.

Bliss. I just wanted to share that feeling of stillness with you. Autumn's gate of balance approaches, mmmmm. To me, one of the gifts of Bushcraft is that you get to experience moments like this :)

Peace
Damh
x

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
totaly dude.

i was out on saturday night with lordlurcher. listening to owls and deer all night long was very relaxing, like you said, what its all about - didnt have a kit mat though, still you live and learn, lol.

we had a nice little camp fire, eggs in baked spuds, bit of bannock n bacon for breakfast, was a good night!

PurpleHeath

Forager
Jan 5, 2005
West Sussex, England
this is one of my favourite times of the year, when the seasons are changing, between summer and autumn there is the feeling of comfort that you feel when you start putting on your thick warm jumper that has been put at the back of your chest of draws for the summer. :)

richardw

Tenderfoot
Sep 1, 2005
Kent
As you said a beautiful time of year. I love going to the river or lake to fly fish abnd see the mist slowing rising off the water. A slight chill in the air remeindes you that winter is not far away.

Richard

May 21, 2005
dublin ireland
nigel here i think this is the same damh who did the fundamental course last year well if it is this is nigel from ireland hope your well damh talk to you soon nigel.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
nigel heffernan said:
nigel here i think this is the same damh who did the fundamental course last year well if it is this is nigel from ireland hope your well damh talk to you soon nigel.

I'm purely guessing here, but as he runs a bushcraft school I would hope not ;)
(Unless he was an instructor...)

K

karen

I wish autumn was as wonderful for me as it seems for others, but its cold and raining like its not gonna stop. Wales isnt gonna be a great place this autumn/winter as it is set to be exremely harsh this year. The cold i can deal with but the deluges just make it a little too miserable for me personally.

Cheers

Karen

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
karen said:
I wish autumn was as wonderful for me as it seems for others, but its cold and raining like its not gonna stop. Wales isnt gonna be a great place this autumn/winter as it is set to be exremely harsh this year. The cold i can deal with but the deluges just make it a little too miserable for me personally.

Cheers

Karen

Come on Karen,get hold of some good waterproof gear and learn to enjoy it. :p

Wenie

Forager
Aug 4, 2005
S. Wales valleys
karen said:

Cheers

Karen
My only complaint about the rainy weather we're having at the mo is that it's making my red hair dye run and I'm ending up with a lot of pink clothes... :rolleyes:

K

karen

BorderReiver said:
Come on Karen,get hold of some good waterproof gear and learn to enjoy it. :p

[SIZE=7]Have tonnes of v. good waterproofs and do go out in em, doesnt mean i ave to like the sheets of rain that make it difficult for me to see anything![/FONT][/SIZE] :p

D

damh_bard

Marts said:
I'm purely guessing here, but as he runs a bushcraft school I would hope not ;)
(Unless he was an instructor...)

:)

I am that same person. Although I'd been practicing wilderness skills for 10 years, I wanted to exprerience Woodlore's teachings.I fully intend to continue going on a lot more courses too - you can never know enough IMHO :)

I talked to a few people on the course last year about the idea of blending mythological lore and Shamanism with bushcraft, and many people since have expressed an interest in learning not only the identity of the tree and what it can be used for, but also the Ogham/mythological lore associated with it. Hence the founding of Wildlore School.

Peace
Damh

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Ahh...That sounds like *utter perfection*

Thanks Damh, lovely thought!

:)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
karen said:

Cheers

Karen

Karen,
I recon Wales will be just perfect this winter. Ignore what the others have said, forget the water-proofs, just have a big towel warming near the fire for when you get back indoors.
Add more ingredients such as a faithfull dog and a steaming mug of tea and you can't beat it.

ATB

Ogri the trog - Cambrian Mountain dweller

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE