peapod tarp shelter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Yep, I saw this a good while ago and watched it again since. I've given it some thought and I'd like to have a go. I'm inclined to get a bigger tarp and double the thickness underneath just to be sure. I'd also want to be using good suspension.

I think my concerns would be possible condensation and making sure it was well insulated underneath. Obviously a mat would be a good idea but of course probably not an underquilt.

I imagine this could be a quick and cheap set-up if ready prepared. A 12'x18' tarp is about £7 on Fleabay.

nettles150390

Forager
Nov 7, 2013
High Melton, Doncaster
Yep, I saw this a good while ago and watched it again since. I've given it some thought and I'd like to have a go. I'm inclined to get a bigger tarp and double the thickness underneath just to be sure. I'd also want to be using good suspension.

I think my concerns would be possible condensation and making sure it was well insulated underneath. Obviously a mat would be a good idea but of course probably not an underquilt.

I imagine this could be a quick and cheap set-up if ready prepared. A 12'x18' tarp is about £7 on Fleabay.

This is him doing a test he's got a mat.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UQJvFfMlW_c

I supposed it would be the same as using a simple lightweight hammock, yeah deffo a Lil worried about the bottom holding my weight, it would certainly be better than packing a tarp and hammock seperatly. Plus more versatile, might have to have a play with some of my tarps tomos

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
This is him doing a test he's got a mat.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UQJvFfMlW_c

I supposed it would be the same as using a simple lightweight hammock, yeah deffo a Lil worried about the bottom holding my weight, it would certainly be better than packing a tarp and hammock seperatly. Plus more versatile, might have to have a play with some of my tarps tomos

With a little tweaking and perhaps a hammock snake skin you can get a tarp and hammock rigged together for a quick deployment that will also provide breathability.

I suspect in the wrong weather conditions like high humidity, rain and cold, condensation could be a real issue in a tarp. It could also be dodgy in the height of Summer.

It certainly would be interesting to see some testing and trials to see when it was successful and beneficial compared to when it is not. Let us know how it went and your assessment. Ta.

nettles150390

Forager
Nov 7, 2013
High Melton, Doncaster
So just had a quick go of this in my backyard with my basha, it didn't go so well, now maybe that was due to size I dunno I'll get a cheap bigger tarp to try it with but, first of all I couldn't get the clips to stay on the ridge line when ever I moved to try and get comfy they pooped off, at my feet end the way my body pulled the hammock part kept causing them to pop out of the cover and try as I met I could not get into a comfy position with the basha so calling that one a fail

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE