Packable Air Rifle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Shame really. Can't see why they can't be traded on an FAC but apparently they can't... Must be a CO2 solution out there?

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
What would you all say is the common mans hunting rifle? nothing fancy just something reliable that will get the job done?

HW95k. Rock solid, it'll last a lifetime.

(Ok it's not the cheapest but it's no daystate either)

I think the point with the TDR is that the barrel is short when the suppressor is removed, has a pistol grip, and would be classed as a pistol if the stock didn't lock it up when removed too. It would have to be 6ft/ib to pass regulation without the lock up.

same as a crossman rat catcher

there is no length limits on air weapons
the TDR is dsigned as a rifle so a rifle it is it can never be a pistol

if it is a pistol then it has to be sub 6ft lbs regardless of if a stock is fitted as it will always be a pistol

same legislation that means a 303 lee enfield can no longer have the rifling bored out smooth and be called a section 2 shotgun it will always be a section 1 (unless it was done before the change)

This is incorrect according to my local fire arms officer.

lol a FAO once told a guy that he couldn that a 30-06 cal for military rifle shoots as it want a military round (was the main battle round for the USA in WW1 and 2 etc)
and that 7mm wanst a benchrest calibre so he couldnt buy the 7mm bench rest gun of the Bench county champion for the same county as the FAO

Heres a good start with the APP on applying the ACt and has the links ot the latest Acts and the Home office guidelines for applying them

https://www.app.college.police.uk/a...lic-protection/firearms-licensing/#priorities

this is very firm telling the FAOs and that you need ot apply as guided and if you don't you need to explain in writing to the college reasons why you dont wish to follow them

one of which is the Putting AOLQ on tickets ie you can no longer restrict hunters to the species that is on the ticket they should be free to shoot any thing that is legal without further asking for each one sa it comes up
ie before if you had Deer only against a gun you could not legally shoot a fox

also warns against applying onerous conditions not specified in law (hoops to jump thro) before grant or as conditions of use

last time i looked at applying for FAC (15yrs ago) I had a conversation with Wilts FAD and explained what i was looking at as it was a lot of different practical and target stuff explained i had read thru the 1968 FA Act and had a copy of the current guidance etc they said no problem they deal mostly with shotguns but that I probably knew more about it than they did for the stuff I was after

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE