Overnighter with the family (wife included)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Managed to convince the warden that she should tag along to a wild camp (ish) with me and the kids. Lavvu, hammocks and French f1 tent set up and a couple of days in this glorious weather ahead. On the whole it was good and I was really impressed with my latest purchase (the F1) but the kids all had there moments in the night with sleep talking, sleep throttling and hammock acrobatics. Managed some fun down the creek and as usual we ate our own weight in meat. Not sure if "she who must be obeyed" will join us again but I'm optimistic.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
I really enjoyed seeing this.

Tell your kids that I still fondly remember doing that sort of thing with my parents 70 years later.

My first tent was very similar and I still have it. I thought my dad was thinking of me when he bought me my own tent and I no longer had to share with my parents: only when I was older did I realise who got the most benefit! I also later realised why he encouraged me to get up early to go and catch rabbits with a bribe of ten shillings (50p) for each one I caught while they stayed in their tent. Every morning my parents had an extra two hours in bed and it didn't cost him a penny.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
I really enjoyed seeing this.

Tell your kids that I still fondly remember doing that sort of thing with my parents 70 years later.

My first tent was very similar and I still have it. I thought my dad was thinking of me when he bought me my own tent and I no longer had to share with my parents: only when I was older did I realise who got the most benefit! I also later realised why he encouraged me to get up early to go and catch rabbits with a bribe of ten shillings (50p) for each one I caught while they stayed in their tent. Every morning my parents had an extra two hours in bed and it didn't cost him a penny.
Hopefully they'll realise when they have kids. Your old man sounded like a cunning old fox.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE