one for BR......it's here already mate !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Mexico-City-From-The-Air.jpeg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Those poor people :( How awful to live like that. There must be a better way. I know some people like living in cities....but if we keep going as we are....

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That's quite an astounding photograph. You wonder how much is actually planned and how much is Central Place Theory. Crazy.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
It's difficult to really tell from an aerial shot like that but TBH it doesn't look as bad as many cities I've seen. For instance, there's loads of greenery in that picture and the buildings look spread out giving the occupants room. Further, the streets aren't laid out in a boring grid.

Yes, as cities go, this one really isn't bad (at least not what's pictured)

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
That’s the end result of the despicable pursuit of ‘growth’ due to some people wanting more than their fair share, when growth became more important than sustainability by the greedy it ensured the collapse of mankind and the planet. When the extremely wealthy started living in gated districts guarded with the gun from the thousands who live in absolute squalor in lawless ghettos then something has gone very wrong. The relentless pursuit of growth benefits the few only but sustainability benefits all, what a shame ‘your fair share’ is not enough for some people.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Hahaha!

I understand.

Eventually the bacteria in that petri dish will reach a point where it's no longer sustainable...

Or climb over the edge and spread to the other petri dishes in the fridge. :)

I have never been to Mexico city however much nearer to home, Athens is a sprawling ugly mess of a city, which is sad as it was quite pretty until fairly recently, you should also check out some photos of Cairo, a vast unplanned metropolis.

Cairo 1
Cairo 2

As much of a sprawl but with a little more order (however just as difficult to navigate around because there are few street signs once you move away from the centre) would be Tokyo.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2011
Canada
That pic of Cairo with all that garbage everywhere...the smell! I gonna stop complaining about the city I presently live in.
I'm moving to the countryside and living in a yurt(and making sure there are no other yurts in sight!)
There are apparently 3000 cities on this planet, with a population of 100,000 or more, some of them many more...Hell indeed!
(wanting to live in the early Paleolithic where it has been estimated that there was a total worldwide human population of 2,000,000 souls)Alex

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE