Once in a Blue Moon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You get a nice blue moon :)

And there really was a beautiful blue moon today......

1805273258_00f3bd642a_o.jpg

Fantastic Autumn light on all the turning leaves - kind of a "golden day"

1805286492_1403d38e2d_o.jpg

That light really makes the cock pheasants look something special....almost "metallic"

1804439427_e2eaaea40c_o.jpg

I really like Autumn - its a gentle time of year

Red

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Really lovely Red. The rainbow on the pheasant stands out but there's a lovely subtle
one in the golden tree as it moves from a reddish orange down to a yellowish hue and
greenish below that, all surrounded with that lovely blue and brought into contrast with
the black and white of the other trees (which I'm guessing are birch!).

So that's what a blue moon is!

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
It was a nice moon today, I was admiring it today at work, 50 ft up a Horse chestnut tree that we were taking down, no one else really noticed but I had a good butchers. Really nice pic of the pheasant Red staggering colours.

Simon.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nice - I don't hang them though - hanging game birds is nonsense in my view :) Venison yes but you need to hand a pheasant the same as you do a chicken!

Red

Variant 13

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Berkshire
Great pics as usual Red.

Couldn't agree more about the lack of hanging, nice to hear someone who agrees with me.

Graham
-----------------------------------
“I’m living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart.”

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Really lovely Red. The rainbow on the pheasant stands out but there's a lovely subtle
one in the golden tree as it moves from a reddish orange down to a yellowish hue and
greenish below that, all surrounded with that lovely blue and brought into contrast with
the black and white of the other trees (which I'm guessing are birch!).

So that's what a blue moon is!
sadly no

A blue moon occurs when four full moons occur in a quarter.
The third of the four moons is described as being "blue".
13 full moons in twelve calendar months or every 2¾ years, so not that rare, not as rare as the English winning at sport,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE