Nut job alert

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
That's it i have a bar in a restaurant to fit next week , i think my chainsaw needs a sharpen !

It is a cool hat and it might go some way to protecting him should the chain snap , or is it hiding the scars from when it did !

My wife is half Canadian and not all of them are mad - just most of them .

Craig......

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Fair enough, I understand your point of view.

Maybe I misinterpreted biker's post. Having said that, I'm not sure I would appreciate someone who I don't know implying that I am inbred, in jest or not.

This forum is fantastic, I agree wholeheartedly, I've been lurking for a while. I def. don't want to start of here on a bad note, and am sure that you lot are a great bunch! :You_Rock_

Hey Trent,
The posting was done with tongue firmly in cheek. I'm sure this fella is doing most of these stunts in order to get himself seen and commented on. Just look at the hits this thread has had and all he had to do was post it on youtube, people like me come along find it and post it on a forum. So I'm doing his advertising.

The mind boggles part was also tongue in cheek, the bloke's obviously familier with his tools and knows how to use them, but if we want to get really anal about it you could say he's setting a bad example and people less discerning might think rigging a chain saw up like a bandsaw is a good idea. The fact the chain need lubricating on a regular basis which would also mean you got sprayed with oil, and the wood too, which means it won't last long in actual usage. But for the gag value it did it's job.

Ok the shallow end of the gene pool comment was a bit harsh, but I bet if the bloke read my comment he'd probably nod his head in agreement. You gotta be a touch mad to do something like that. Just take the lathe he rigged up in the posting by Mesquite.

Welcome to the forum and don't be too harsh on us, it's a pretty relaxed place here with a lot of leg pulling going on. Which is the intention of why I posted the clips in the first place.

Thanks for reading mate.

Shaggystu, thanks for the glowing praise there, the cheque's in the post. :lmao:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Haha he is pretty funny :D. Another canadian woodworker: http://woodgears.ca/

Woodworker? Calling that bloke a woodworker is like calling Michelangelo an interior decorator. Some of those creations are AMAZING!! Love that wooden bandsaw. I can see me spending some serious time at that website a wiping drool off my keyboard. Thanks for the link.

Bookmarked that site and sent it on to my mate Paul who's an engineer as well as a keen woodworker. Here's his website http://www.ridgeway-woodcraft.co.uk/ if you're interested.

Beorn

Oct 27, 2009
Ulm
In all his films he's making fun of Canadian Woodworking, it's more comedy than serious suggestions for woodwork.

But thinking about it, some of it may be fun to reproduce ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE