Now THAT'S what I call service

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Last week I was speaking to a newish supplier of things shiny and cutty about a combined Leuku and Puukko. I have been intrigued by peoples comments on the versatility of the Leuku and wanted to try one out. However I am a growing fan of the "matched pair" and have wanted to try one of the Leuku / Puukko combo sets. But I wanted a biggish Leuku (8"+) and carbon steel and a Puukko in the same sheath...not too spendy and.....well you know how it goes.

I eventually found one I liked at

www.casstrom.co.uk

de80ae2c6c028b46086c66f97b28e15c.image.535x550.jpg

My only problem was that bit of coloured wood - yuck. So I e-mailed David Backstrom (can't do the oomlaut thingies) who supplies them in the UK on Friday.

He was very apologetic that he did not have a plain one available in the UK - would I mind if he shipped me one from Sweden (no extra charge). Sure said I.

Having concluded out conversation on Friday - I had the set on Monday first post :eek:

So - review to follow but next working day delivery from Sweden is setting a high bar for my expectations ;)

Red

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
Looked at this one several times, multipled by a bakers dozens. Was never sure about it though as i had not seen many reviews of that exact one.

So Red, when can we expect it, not that my bank card is itching to get used at all ;p

Hathor

May 3, 2008
Prague
I second that recommendation for Casstroms (no connection, etc). Found David to be very helpful and customer service oriented.

The pukko / leuku combination got me thinking about other possible combos. I wonder how a small seax instead of a typical bushy knife and a mid-size seax for light chopping would work. (Sorry to go off focus a bit).

Does anyone have experience of using seax like this?

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
Looks really nice. I'm looking for a stacked leather or even better birch bark handle, but they are hard to find. And if I find them, they are in the US.

MAybe I'll order one of thes instead. Sigh

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE